[Terrapreta] Anthropogenic casue for Global Warming

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:17:22 EST 2007

On 09/11/2007, Jim Joyner <jimstoytn at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sean,
>
>  But grand gov't schemes bother me. Glassy eyed bureaucrats, politicians
> and do-gooders in general too often want to do things without considering
> who must shoulder the burden for paying for them. These are typically the
> people who don't pay for them.

mm sometimes i agree but depends a bit on the Politician very occasionally
you get one withreal insigt and vison.

What renewable, perennial plant matter?

> I guess I've been assuming that charcoal would be made from waste or
> by-products of things we already grow. But come to think of it, that waste
> and those throw-away bi-products are becoming more difficult to find.

Agreed Jim but there is still a lot of organic waste - sewerage, chicken
manure, feed-lot waste, paper pulp mill waste (BEST 's pyrolysis machine can
cope with up to 70% water -you may not get a lot of energy though)

Every day I see piles of wood waste waiting for council pick up to tip
Today I saw an industrial area being reclaimed from a nice swamp with lots
of "clean fill" which included lots of large trees.

Also the local timber logging yard has a number of huge 30' high piles of
wood waste, sold as firewood.I suspect they are chopping some of that up for
mulch (I have taken the photos but can't get them out of my camera programme
is being stupid) The storms we had here a few months ago has given everone
several years of firwood (Again most trees just were dumped. Thousands were
blown down)

The local lake is choked with seaweed.

Getting rid of waste is a problem for many manufacturers. They have to pay
to cart and tip it. Big waste producers with their own pyrolysis machine can
sell charcoal and get free energy.

If you look about you can see it.

 But overall  I agree, in to-morrows world there will be no "waste" and TP
will have to compete to get waste or grow it  -(or perhaps even  use the
coal that no-one wants any more??)

--
Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf