[Terrapreta] Emailing: The Carbon Farmers - Features - The Lab - Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Gateway to Science.htm

rukurt at westnet.com.au rukurt at westnet.com.au
Fri Nov 9 05:10:46 EST 2007

Len Walde wrote:

>     *The Carbon Farmers - Features - The Lab - Australian Broadcasting
>     Corporation's Gateway to Science*
>
>     [This is the print version of story
>     http://www.abc.net.au/science/features/soilcarbon/default.htm]

The problem with this, and other discussions of carbon in the soil are
talking about soil organic matter and not pure carbon, as in charcoal.
When we talk about Terrapreta we are talking about adding charcoal, ie
solid largely pure carbon to the soil and NOT organic material. Farmers,
and others are going to get confused about this.

Kurt