[Terrapreta] Economic Analysis of Pyrolysis Units

Minot Weld minotweld at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 06:59:34 EST 2007

Dear List,

I am a newbie from New Jersey.  I am working with a green-building,
community revitalization group, slouching towards what we are calling
'new ruralism'.  We are very interested in using pyrolysis biochar on
our soils; we are equally interested in bio-fuel production.  I am
researching commercially available systems, weighing portable vs.
stationary units.  I am wondering if anyone has analyzed pyrolysis
business models: costing machinery, production inputs, labor, etc.
and valuing outputs: fuel, char, bio-chemicals.  As we will be
seeking investors, and crafting pyrolysis as a stand-alone
enterprise, this information is essential.  Any recommendations,
references, referrals, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,  Minot Weld