[Terrapreta] IPCC Summary for Policy Makers

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun Nov 18 15:25:12 EST 2007

Hi Kevin,

Kevin,

The IPCC authorship is so huge that I don't think we could expect a
scientist dedicated to his own narrow part of the report to have a good
overview of the international political machinations and financial motives
lying behind the IPCC.

In spite of some  cynicism about the overall goals of IPCC which I share
with you, I don't doubt there are many dedicated scientists contributing to
it. They probably don't have time to look up and see the incongruities.

As to suggesting some of you contribute to the IPCC, I had in mind the fifth
review which might take place in another 5 or so years. Actually there are
some special reports commissioned by them which would serve the purpose of
an addendum as you suggest. There is one on carbon dioxide sequestration for
example.

http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/special-reports/srccs/srccs_summaryforpolicymakers.pd

Looking at the title, "Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage" I'm wondering if
that one word in it "Dioxide", was enough to blind the authors to the
possibility of Carbon Dioxide Capture and Carbon Storage.

Perhaps the IPCC could be encouraged to do another "special report" on the
basis of the title modification suggested.

Duane