[Terrapreta] TP growing back--was: TP theft.

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:27:11 EST 2007

The "growing back" idea is a very persistent belief of Amazonian Indians.

I have yet to see any scientific ways of explaining this
Except if you see soil as boiling cauldron of life which is constantly
renewed.

Some research has been looking at whether the AMTP have a particular "suite"
of  "wee beasties" that make this happen.
MA

On 22/11/2007, rukurt at westnet.com.au <rukurt at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi folkes,
>
> I keep seeing mention of TP soils being mined and then, over a period of
> some years (20?) "growing back".
>
> How?
>
> Is the charcoal in the soil mysteriously multiplying and moving out into
> the soil?
> Is someone clandestinely adding charcoal to the soil?
> How does the allegedly "grown back" TP soil compare with the original
> soil that was carted off?
>
> Anybody have any ideas?
>
> Perhaps erosion is moving soil from unmined TP areas into the holes left
> by the mining?
>

> Kurt

Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf