[Terrapreta] Bali Media Opportunity

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Fri Nov 23 14:40:15 EST 2007

            Dear Ruy,

I suspect some strong vested interests have been established within CDM
circles. I get a kick out of schemes to reap credits for methane reduction.
Surely those who promote those projects would be very leery of credits for
char burial. Of course as long as the price of the CO2 equivalent credits
ifs the same there is no way terra preta could compete.

I published a little paper which included some comment on this - peer
reviewed no less - last year.

http://www.computare.org/publications.htm  >> May 2006 - Kyoto and Beyond:
Development of Sustainable Policy See the section on landfill gas.

I also wish I'd had the foresight to buy a few barrels of Freon back in the
late eighties. I get the impression they would be a goldmine on the CDM
market for GHG destruction now.

Duane