[Terrapreta] Tender offered for a design for a simple biocharcooker - or pre-made unit

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Fri Nov 23 18:38:55 EST 2007

Hi Lou,

Albedo of soils can matter on open ground.  But, the albedo of plants is different than dark soil and I think the foliage shades the ground, preventing absorption of solar radiation.  Some crops may be different with this.  I've read somewhere that the photosynthetic output of Savanna is seven times higher than a crop of corn on the same area of land.  THere are no tractor wheel ruts , nor irrigation rows in Savanna, though.