[Terrapreta] heat energy: stoves vs. thermo biopiles

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sat Nov 24 07:39:30 EST 2007

          Sean,

As I recall from tests done with a "bomb" calorimeter as part of my
engineering education, HHV referred to the amount of energy available when
the steam portion of the products of combustion of a dry fuel is condensed.
LHV referred to the energy available if the steam is not condensed.

Wikipedia confirms I've not lost all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_heating_value

That's a little different concept than that of using energy to drive off
moisture pre-combustion - and I see Jeff Davis has already responded to this
effect. Oh well - repetition is the best teacher.

Duane