[Terrapreta] please excuse but ...

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 12:55:46 EST 2007

oooops -- I totally forgot that folks outside of Brazil would not recognize
the image.

This is the much-revered patroness of Brazil -- the Our Lady of Conception
Who Appeared.
The story is that a statue made around 1650 was somehow lost. Then, in 1717,
some government people were traveling north to the gold mining region called
Ouro Preto -- Black Gold -- due to a dark coating on the nuggets. Along the
way fishermen cast net in a river for fish for the big banquet. Instead of
fish, they found the statue -- all darkened by years in the river bed. As
time went on the statue was seemed to have healing powers (at least for some
faithful ones). It had to be housed in larger and larger quarters until
today when its basilica receives about 7 million visitors yearly.

Here is the full story http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Aparecida

I now associate her with the healing power of the earth and with terra
preta. There is a possible a parallel to today. As the government looks for
an other kind of Black Gold, Terra Preta may be the the real thing. I'll go
back and up-date the blog now. Thanks guys for helping to see that I might
have created a confusion

All best to all,

lou

.