[Terrapreta] TP Media Resources

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 03:54:00 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

You probably know that google has specialized search engines for blogs and
news.
These searches allow you to generate email alerts set for key words. I set
mine
for terra preta, agrichar and biochar.

This gives me a way to follow the conversation and add comments of my own.
There is a daily stream of action in the blogosphere but unfortunately
almost
nothing in the standard news media. Goggle tracks about 4500 news sources
worldwide. In the last 6 weeks I've been alerted to a sum total of TWO (2)
news articles about TP, etc in the mainstream media.

We have a lot of work to do. I think it will take time for the big media to
catch
the way the wind is blowing. But I think that specialized media is ripe.
Please
contact the garden groups, farm clubs -- the newsletters, small journals,
the
home and garden reporter for the local paper. They are all looking for
something
novel and interesting.

If you don't think that you are much of a writer, many of us are licensing
our
works with an open Creative Commons license, or  "copyleft". So "steal it"
--
it's not plagerism but part of an open source moment that is designed to
help folks

OK, morning lecture is over. Hope no one is offended by a bit of pedantry.

hugs,

lou