[Terrapreta] [Gasification] small scale charcoal making design

gfwhell at aol.com gfwhell at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 21:43:58 EST 2007

 The novel machine for producing charcoal , reminds me of some experiments conducted on the reduction of "scrap iron" for the production of hydrogen. Packing a retort, "steel tube" with scrap metal and bringing the temperature up within, makes an excellent hydrogen generator, by blowing super heated steam in at one end to produce volumes of hydrogen at the other. The hydrogen is used to heat the retort with some to spare.
The product of course,  is ferric oxide, which used to be in great demand, at one time.

GF