[Terrapreta] Assaying carbon levels in soil

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 16:14:22 EST 2007

Obviously there would be a need for some protocols.

I guess the question you are asking is what prevents a poor farmer from
selling the char or using it as fuel instead of putting it into the soil. I
hesitate to speculate because I have almost no experience in this realm.
Perhaps there would have to be a soil test but this seems impossible across
large landscapes.  Maybe there are other ways to check.

My naive hope is that when farmers see the results in crop productivity they
will want to use the char as a soil amendment.

What do you think?