[Terrapreta] Charcoal Specification Development

code suidae codesuidae at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 00:57:15 EDT 2007

I've just posted an updated model.

<http://codesuidae.net/misc/BioCharModel.zargo>

I separated the idea of amendment of materials from CultivationTrial.
AmendmentEvent is now defined by an AmendmentMethod and is linked to a
Trial. A CharcoalTrial has a PyrolysisEvent that creates a Charcoal
Material, and the CharcoalTrial can optionally have an AmendmentEvent
that mixes several other Materials to create a new Material.
Presumably one of the materials would be the Charcoal produced by the
associated PyrolysisEvent. This creates a new Material that can be
used in subsequent Trials and AmendmentEvents.

I set up the plants as PlantKind, defining a specific kind of plant
one or more of which can be associated to CropKind to define a
specific kind of crop (say, a corn crop, or a mixed corn, beans,
squash crop), which is then linked to a Crop, a specific instance of a
crop used in a CultivationTrial.

CultivationTrial also can include an AmendmentEvent, which might
describe adding various Materials to a Soil, which is then used as the
startSoil for the cultivation experiment. At the end of the experiment
a new Soil Material is left. This can be further amended or used as
the user sees fit.

Dave K
--
"Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know." -
M. King Hubbert