[Terrapreta] Investment dollars available

kelpie at dishmail.net kelpie at dishmail.net
Fri Oct 12 13:24:29 EDT 2007

Dear TP promoters,

I have been asked by some venture capitalists about opportunities in this
field. Can anyone steer me to commercial or research projects that are set
up to take such investments?

Thanks,
Kelpie Wilson
(541) 592-3083

PS - I got one of Rob Flanagan's charcoal making stoves and demo-ed it at
a fair in Oregon last weekend. Had a big sign that said "Carbon Negative
Hot Water." I served "carbon negative tea" and I got to explain biochar to
a lot of people.

Was also very impressed with the performance of the stove. With just a
handful of wood scraps it produces a powerful, smokeless cooking flame for
half an hour. It could bring 2 gallons of water to a rolling boil in less
than 20 minutes. No way you can do that on a regular gas stove. For anyone
who cans or brews beer, this is a great advantage. And you get charcoal to
boot! I have pictures that I will send along as soon as I get them
downloaded from my camera.