[Terrapreta] Strip tillage for Applying Charcoal at 2 t/A (broadcast) 10 t/a (effective)

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Oct 20 02:14:47 EDT 2007

All,

I have a conversation with a Midwestern farmer today about applying charcoal
with strip tillage equipment. We discussed using TP in the clay soils in
Southern Illinois. What are the limits for using strip tillage equipment?
Can we apply charcoal at an effective rate of 10 t/a (broadcast equivalent
of 2 t/a) using strip tillage equipment? Is application limited by the
density of the charcoal?

Thanks

Tom