[Terrapreta] Fwd: Google Alert - "terra preta "

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:22:40 EDT 2007

 I'm wondering if anyone has established whether or not corn was cultivated
by the Terra Preta cultures of central Amazonia?

The BBC documentary on Eldorado
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2809044795781727003&q=amazon+bbc&total=139&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6
clearly cites evidence that maize was cultivated in the the raised mound
cultures in the Beni region of Bolivia  in "upper"  Amazonia.