[Terrapreta] Fossil fueled based fertilizers

Nikolaus Foidl nfoidl at desa.com.bo
Sun Sep 16 10:18:42 EDT 2007

Dear Sean¨

Urease is the correct spelling. My approach is more plant adequate that
means simulating a slowly enhancing degradation which is normal in a soil
where plants start to grow having sufficient water and nutrients. The
exudates of the root system is rising with size and age of the plant so
microbial life in the roots or rhizosphere is as well improving. That means
the release of nitrogen has to improve as well ( more bacteria or bacterial
expression means more urease production and as a result more nitrogen
liberated from the polymer. At the same time you get more CO2 liberated as
well out of this polymer. Culmination normally is reached when you are half
the way to seed filling where most times only the accumulated photo syntates
are used to finish the job. ( exception would be water logging in soy or
resource deviation into enhanced disease fighting). The overall concept is
to get as much photo syntates as possible in the pre flowering stage
accumulated which means some tweaking of the chlorophyll efficiency ( DCPTA
or  MPTA applications) and an early salicylic acid induced disease
resistance( viral, bacterial and fungal) so-called SAR or self acquired
resistance which will drain a little on the photo syntates but at the end
rises overall productivity.
If it is more plant adequate then I think its not un common, its logic.The
costs are relative,in general it will cost twice as much then with Urea only
but as you can save more then 50% of Urea ist cheaper in the end and the
synergistic effects are much higher then without polymer. Try it is working
very well and its easy to do.

Best regards Nikolaus