[Terrapreta] Pure Organics Vs. Biological Agriculture

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Mon Sep 17 15:29:45 EDT 2007

Hi Jon,

In open discussions, there is no such thing as "the wrong questions".

What is the relative effect on degrees BRIX of sugar vs. minerals?  My understanding is that the vast majority of it is because of sugar.  But, I do not actually know.  I suspect actual "sugar" content is measured in is percentage, while minerals are are measured in in ppm (parts per million).  There are at least several magnitudes of difference in the relative concentrations.   Vitamins and minerals are overdosed by 1000s of IU with micrograms of them.

Similarly, how does and increase in BRIX correspond with increases in sugar content and increases in mineral or nutrient content?
I know it is possible that BRIX can increase from increased sugar content alone.

Is it possible, for instance, that cows eat just as much GMO corn as other corn, which contains the same relative amounts of nutrients, but less sugar, so they do not get fat like borderline diabetic and insulin resistant Americans who eat too much sugar and get fat?

Any inferences made can always demand questions as to what is or is not the real cause and effect, right?