[Terrapreta] TP soil research

David Yarrow dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
Wed Sep 19 14:33:03 EDT 2007

and makato ogawa and his associates in asia, funded by the electric utility.  and lately rob flanagan is piling up an impressive series of soil trials, but he hasn't published his stuff yet.

the reality is that these kinds of energy & fertilizer strategies only go forward if there is an industry behind them to put up funds for research.  currently, for example, ethanol (a bad idea) is being rushed into reality behind the weight and wealth of big grain companies like cargill and ADM.  and currently, organic farming is stumbling along without any comparable research to move it into the mainstream.

TP charcoal does not have any such industry behind it to cough up cash for the sort of pragmatic field trials kevin is searching for.  so we are left with national science foundation funding for high level, theoretical research, which fails to deliver the practical "how to" answers needs to deploy TP technology, develop TP products and define TP practices.

David Yarrow
"If yer not forest, yer against us."
Turtle EyeLand Sanctuary
44 Gilligan Road, East Greenbush, NY 12061
dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
www.championtrees.org
www.OnondagaLakePeaceFestival.org
www.citizenre.com/dyarrow/
www.farmandfood.org
www.SeaAgri.com

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore