[Terrapreta] Terra preta 101

Jon C. Frank jon.frank at aglabs.com
Thu Sep 20 17:04:07 EDT 2007

  a.. How to incorporate it into soil
Seems it's best not to disturb soil to much. The "wee beasties" don't like
there homes ripped up.

On row crops I would suggest working charcoal into the soil.  Carbon tends
to rise in soils.  Working the soil also adds oxygen which benefites aerobic
bacteria.  Also working it into the soil gets the charcoal in better contact
with the soil which should increase the interactions between the biology,
soil nutrients, and the charcoal.

Jon