[Terrapreta] CO2 rising

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:41:55 EDT 2007

WOW, it's really interesting to follow all the links from the Biopact
articles. The only clear agreement that I can see is that although  existing
forests reach sort of an equilibrium in which there's an uncertain carbon
sink -- more of a give and take, sometimes more and sometimes less -- the
accelerated release from deforestation and burning are big problems.

It strikes me that Kyoto's narrow focus on measurable carbon may not really
capture the complex interaction between forests and climate. Gives me
something to ponder, for sure.  Thanks for the links.

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/visionshare/sets/