[Terrapreta] CO2 rising

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 01:00:28 EDT 2007

Hi Brian,

Please help me understand what you mean when you say "forests aren't
producing soils"????

All that decaying matter in an old-growth forest is turning into something.
If not soil, then what?
I learned during my days in the Doug Fir forests of Oregon that a cubic
meter of that "soil" can
contain more than 35,000 separate species and 2 billion individual
organisms. Your statement
baffles me. Please elaborate.

Thanks,

lou

This is not a full 'study'. No methodology, conclusion, data... but the