[Terrapreta] Terra preta postings on arclein blog

Robert Klein arclein at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 17:30:01 EDT 2007

I thought that I would work through the 250 message
backlog from this group sitting in my inbox this
weekend.  A daunting task.  However I am pleased to
see the extensive sharing of information on forests
taking place.  I expect that I will be able to quote
some of this on my Blog.

I also sat down and developed a list of my terra preta
related postings, not all reposted to this group and
posted that on my blog.  I am including a list here
for you to peruse.  My advice is to start at the
beginning to the description of the corn stack method
of indigenous production and then jump to the end and
work backward.

I see no realistic way to economically produce terra
preta without resorting to a variation of the original
production method.  Concern was raised about the
production of methane which I see as misplaced.  In
fact, the methane will likely provide the majority of
the heat in the combustion process, but this needs to
be properly field tested.

Here you go.  While you are at it bookmark my site or
subscribe as I post daily on a range of related
subjects. Even better give me stuff to comment on.

http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com/2007/06/carbonization.html

http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com/2007/06/corn-cultures-bright-furure.html
http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com/2007/06/total-carbon-sequestration-potential.html
http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com/2007/06/tropical-soils_26.html