[Terrapreta] Tons of dry mass production per ha/ y

Nikolaus Foidl nfoidl at desa.com.bo
Sun Sep 23 19:50:33 EDT 2007

Dear Brian!

I am growing a forest like a grass since years ( Moringa oleifera) I have to
confess in very high density ( 1 million trees per ha) and cut this forest
every 35 days!! Down to 20 cm high and let it re grow.With ten cuttings a
year I manage in very good soils and with good fertilizer and good quantity
of sun shine hours a biomass production of around 98 to 105 tons of dry
matter per ha and year. No grass comes even close to it.
So forests win.
Best regards Nikolaus