[Terrapreta] Making charcoal in a barrel

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Mon Sep 24 16:37:30 EDT 2007

Hi Dave K,

I said this guys heart is in the right place, but his methods are not clearly thought out.  He should not propose the simplicity of making charcoal in a barrel, outside, will save the world.  On a massive scale, actions taken like this will plummet the world even faster.  Making a few barrels full of charcoal to put into a garden probably does not count as a huge up-tick the global emissions of green house gases.  Doing research, putting charcoal into soil, which has made by any method is a benefit to the 'Terra Preta' cause.

It is not the act of making some charcoal in a barrel, it is the promotion of the principle which does not make sense.

As for the nom-de-plume; do you think I should adopt "ArrogantSOB" ?