[Terrapreta] indigenous history and mind

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Thu Sep 27 09:11:30 EDT 2007

Hi David,

You are absolutely right, in terms of numbers of people who perished.  However, the multitudinous deaths of the Pre-Columbian indigenous American people were not primarily through armed conflict, enslavement, or butchery, at the hands of conquistadors.  Their deaths were primarily due to the spread of infectious disease among them.  Diseases which, yes, had been brought to the Americas by Europeans.  It is hard to equate a pandemic with the outright evil acts of what occurred in the Holocost.

I inclined to agree that the acts of the United States of America now, are worse than those of the original American colonists or the European conquests.