[Terrapreta] The Reason for Pottery Shards in Terra Preta. Re: Char and compost ( was Char made made under pressurized conditions? )

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 05:53:36 CDT 2008

Another good guess, I believe.

If you look at the images in the BBC documentary of the "cut-away" terra
preta dig, it really looks like a honeycomb structure.

And the density of shards is amazing. I wondered why? What function and why
so many? If you consider the population densities reported by Francisco de
Orellana (for example, a stretch of river where people were living
house-pressed-to-house for 20 miles) and the normal volumes of human waste,
it is easy to imagine huge amounts of pottery shards.

It seems to all be coming together, thanks to everyones' speculation.

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets
http://youtube.com/my_videos