[Terrapreta] The Reason for Pottery Shards in Terra Preta. Re: Char and compost ( was Char made made under pressurized conditions? )

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Wed Apr 2 06:39:07 CDT 2008

The intense interest in, and speculation about, pottery has been amusing. It
keeps coming up as an element of interest. From my reading of Amazonian Dark
Earths and other references it may be a symbol of disposal practices but it
is only one component of many, including food wastes and other sources of
minerals and plant nutrients, that apparently went into terra preta. If
someone has the time and patience it would be useful to cite specific
archeological references and interpretations of the pottery issue.  I'm sure
that it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as the current thread of
speculation.

Tom