[Terrapreta] Urine Storage Question

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Wed Apr 2 21:59:30 CDT 2008

Dear All,

After reading the past urine posts I have developed some concerns
regarding proper storage. Because of the winter months I’ve been storing
urine in five-gallon pails. After four of them I decided that it was time
to move up to a 55-gallon plastic drum. Amazing how fast this stuff adds
up. Someday I will calculate how much energy and water this could save. I
bet countrywide it would be an eye opener! I now have about 35 gallons not
counting the 10 or so gallons that I applied to the Thermo Biopile. The
container is capped hence air tight except for filling periods. The
temperature is about 55 deg F.

My question is should I be adding something like sugar? Will it keep with
the above conditions? How best to store if applied with a sprayer (kept as
a liquid).

I plan on purchasing a trailer sprayer that attaches to the back of a lawn
mower or ATV but I will be using my electric golf cart instead. (I need to
get my windmill up). I also plan on applying my wood vinegar with this
method.

Kindest regards,

Jeff

--
Jeff Davis

Some where 20 miles south of Lake Erie, USA