[Terrapreta] The Reason for Pottery Shards in Terra Preta.

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:19:19 CDT 2008

Sorry Greg but I have to say (IMHO) it just seems too mentally speculative
and against my common sense on-the-ground knowledge of some of Amazônia. I
have seen rivers rise and fall at least 20 meters but stay within their
channels. People, in general, live on the higher ground above the flood
plain and there is plenty of it. There is simply no reason for them to do as
you postulate.

The Bolivian situation seems as a major exception to the general central
Amazônia topography. The Beni region of the mounds is a giant flood plain.
To live there you would have have to build mounds and islands and canals and
roads as is postulated in the documentary. I'm not sure why they chose to do
so. But that's another question.

I guess that on balance I would have to say that we don't have to have
scientific proof to reject every imagined possibility.

--
http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets