[Terrapreta] Hi from Suze in Brisbane Australia.

Suze Collett suzecollett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:31:45 CDT 2008

Hi Everyone. I've been enthusiastic about Biochar since mid-2007 after a
soil science lecturer suggested I check it out on the web.

I'm a final year environmental science student at Griffith University;
my major is land and water management. My key area is environmental
chemistry and ecological economics. I'm currently doing supervised research
to characterise the total organic carbon (TOC) flying around in our famous
ozzie dust storms.

During study breaks I work as a Science/Policy officer for Queensland
government. I've worked in Transport, Natural Resources & Water, and am
currently with the Office of Climate Change - Adaptation Unit. My position
involves me in emissions-trading, emissions inventory, and carbon
geosequestration.

I'm aware of the IPCC's reluctance to approve carbon-credits for carbon
geosequestration via Biochar (or similar) due to difficulties in verifying
soil-carbon fluxes. I'm possibly about 4 months behind on the latest news
however. Any breakthroughs?

I'm looking forward to networking information and ideas with everyone.

cheers...
Suze :)