[Terrapreta] The Science of Terra Preta Formation

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 7 11:04:54 CDT 2008

I know what zeolites can do, in fact I know of one set of zeolites that under given conditions will convert methanol to gasoline.

All the same, you bring up an interesting point.

Can zeolites that mimic chars effect in soil, acting as a CEC, providing home for micro flora and fauna, retain nutrients for later use and absorb water ( to mention a few ) be economically produced?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeolites#Agriculture

I say this because unless we can produce char at a lower cost per ton, farmers will use zeolites instead.

I wonder, what would be the effect of using both char and zeolite?

Greg H.