[Terrapreta] sewage sludge charcoal

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 01:14:22 CDT 2008

BEST Energies can make charcoal with feedstock with up to 70% water. But I
think at 70% very little energy is harvested.
In Sydney most treated sewerage is pumped out to sea.

I did hear of them trucking raw (?) sewerage inland to Goulburn once. I know
they grew grass 8+ foot high.
Never did hear much about that study

We will soon have to retrieve sewage water for drinking;  but in many areas
there is a lot of resistance to that idea.

What are the benefits of pyrolising sewage?
m (in Australia)