[Terrapreta] sewage sludge charcoal

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed Apr 9 10:36:48 CDT 2008

Dear MF

Sewage entering a Domestic Septic tank, or the leachate and septage
leaving it, would be expected to have much lower levels of toxic heavy
metals or contaminants than would the discharge from a Municipal Sewage
system.

Municipal sewage systems also treat Industrial wastes, and storm water
run-off. I would guess that most of the "nasties" come from Industrial
waste and storm water run-off.

Best wishes,

Kevin