[Terrapreta] temperate backyard experiment

Larry Williams lwilliams at nas.com
Wed Apr 9 14:16:43 CDT 2008

Yes, go to the pictures where Richard Haard and I have been making
charcoal (5 sets) and where Richard has been farming with charcoal to
see what he and I have been up to. He has been using charcoal for
five or six years on the Fourth Corner Nursery site which is located
in Whatcom County, Washington State, USA. The nursery is 10 miles
from Bellingham and both are around 30 miles to the Canadian border.
I would appreciate knowing more about your situation. If you have any
questions please let me know, I may have an answer.

Richard and I believe that the information that we are learning is to
be given freely.

Personally, a confluence of negative trends in environmental,
economic and political conditions, lead me to believe that what we
all learn about the usefulness of Terra Preta should be disseminated
as quickly as possible. Depending on the "fickle finger of fate", an
open sourcing of ideas and findings is imperative. Climate change has
just made us one world... one species among many.

Thanks for asking for assistance-------Larry