[Terrapreta] A reward system for eliminating and/oroffsettingfossil carbon usage

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 14 07:55:41 CDT 2008

Are farmers in Sweden already taking advantage of this $624/ton for
char or charcoal returned to the soil?   This seems like a very very
high price.

Nickolaus reported that charcoal makers in Brazil are producing
charcoal for sale to steel makers for a mere $50/ton.

The wholesale price for charcoal in North America runs at about $200/
ton.

Gerrit