[Terrapreta] A reward system for eliminating and/oroffsettingfossil carbon usage

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 12:51:21 CDT 2008

Greg (cc Terra preta list)

    I see from a different message today that you are behind on e-mail messages.  I sent one to you on Saturday morning that bounced, but you should have received it via the terrapreta list.  I am guessing

    In it I asked that you review several papers by Jim Hansen, in my attempt to convert you to being a climate change believer.  Your message below suggests I wasn't successful.  This is a second attempt.  If you find something wrong with Hansen's logic, I'd love to hear it (and believe I speak for a few others on the list as well).  To many of us, doing something urgently is not being helped by terra preta list members downplaying the possibility of man being the main cause of global warming.  I hope you can report back your reaction to the three unpublished papers by Hansen.  Let me know if I should re-send the citations.  They are the best, most concise, most compelling arguments that I know of.

    I am not in this message disagreeing with what you say below (there is some truth in there on what people, especially those on this list,  have to do).   I just have to try again when I see words like "flim flam", "scam", and "Al Gore types"

Ron  (owner of an almost off-grid home [7 kW, battery backup, and lots of solar thermal] and an Insight)