[Terrapreta] "A Terra Preta Nova Development Plan"

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:02:58 CDT 2008

Sean,

I love your enthusiasm.

It's time to organize.

And I love Mary Lehmann's ideas.

What is needed now is something like a network.
Biochar Fund is a model for a network of poor rural farmers in Africa.
I think you could find a group of progressive medium size cities in the US
and make a network. Or a group of garden clubs and make a network. Or a
group of organic farms and make a network.

I'm not so sure about the name Terra Preta Nova. It's sexy in the exotic
sense. I like the lead back to the Amazon from using Portuguese. I'm not
sure that it will capture the English-speaking audience. Something like the
*Clean Carbon and Abundant Soil Campaign* might work better. Just an idea.

So here's a proposal to this list. I would like to invite anyone who is
interested enough to be following along to think about it and submit your
ideas for the name of a network and a campaign. Let's share our ideas here.

hugs and blessings,

lou

--
http://lougold.blogspot.com