[Terrapreta] Ponder the Maunder

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:37:54 CDT 2008

Hi Mark,

It will make it simple.

I also am concerned about increasing soil productivity. I notice soil
productivity was often lost because best practices were not the most
profitable practices. So I am looking for a way to finance a very large
investment in returning carbon to the soil. I believe that the link to
global warming may be the necessary link to mobilize political will for such
an investment. I see that the mid-west farm lobby already successfully used
this argument to rationalize corn ethanol. I don't like this way so I (we
really) am trying to offer a better carbon negative way that will both
improve soil fertility and and sequester carbon.

Do you feel that I'm preaching?

lou