[Terrapreta] Ponder the Maunder

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed Apr 16 17:23:09 CDT 2008

Dear Lou

lou gold wrote:
> lots of evidence that does not persuade you. but i'm not trying to
> persuade you so there is no need to go into it. others have covered it
> ad nauseum.

Evidence has been provided to support both Global Warming and Global
Cooling. I know that that we had Global Warming and Global Cooling long
before Man was impacting on the environment. I know that Mother Nature
is awesome in Her power, and I respect that she may be "doing her thing"
without significant help from us, and that perhaps we are not able to
contravene her wishes.

> but, if you have such doubts about the values of putting carbon into
> the soils why are you here?

I am interested in Terra Preta as a "Proven Agricultural Paradigm." This
thread is attempting to use Terra Preta as an "Atmospheric Improvement
Method." That is very much a different thread than what the Indians of
Yore had in mind.

You asked if we thought you were preaching. I thought you were, for the
listed reasons. :-)

To answer your specific question, I am here to learn and to help. I am
not here to agree or disagree.

Best wishes,

Kevin