[Terrapreta] Earthen Kiln Conjecture

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed Apr 16 18:15:00 CDT 2008

Dear Max

Good questions!! I don't have such information.

One thing that would be very interesting also would be to learn if
anyone has actually re-assembled a pot/container from the shards found
on the TP sites. If sufficient related shards have not been found to
re-assemble a pottery piece, is there enough information about pottery
shard shape to infer that it came from a bowl, a pot, a urn, a roof
tile, etc?

One could probably infer from the average size if the shards were
"accidentally broken, or purposely broken".

Best wishes,

Kevin