[Terrapreta] Earthen Kiln Conjecture

Robert Klein arclein at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 00:41:24 CDT 2008

I personally have unbridled admiration for the achievements of the Indians, that we are slowly uncovering.  They created several separate food production regimes with a very limited tool kit.  I describe it as stone age, but that is to get over the message that their daily cutting tools were stone.  They collected a massive amount of gold that may still represent the largest single hoard in the global gold reserve.  It took them several thousands of years to do this and through terra preta, we now  know how they fed themselves.

My interpretation of the extensive archaeological record in both Americas and particularly the Amazon suggests that we should be recognizing a population of me serious portion of 100,000,000.  They all died out over a two hundred year span mostly out of sight.  I think that the dying began much earlier than suspected, coinciding with the archaeological  evidence of contraction over a five hundred year span.  The cause was still old world pathogens brought by seamen on a one way trip..