[Terrapreta] Earthen Kiln Conjecture

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 18 14:16:34 CDT 2008

We know that 2600 BC, the inhabitants of Caral, traded with people over 200 miles away.

Why can't the folk of the Amazon do the same for obsidian / flint / chert and the like?

Such stones ( even small pieces ) would be prized for their useful ness and would not they make every effort to recover them because of their value?

They would have to be truly lost, and an archeologist would have to literally be right in the exact spot to find it.

OTOH, let's not forget that some types of wood when properly treated wear like iron/steel - a large tree can be felled by fire, and wood wedges can split it up into manageable pieces ( I have done this on a smaller scale ).

Just something to think about.

Greg H.