[Terrapreta] Spring Planting - Biochar

Mark Ludlow mark at ludlow.com
Sat Apr 19 16:08:36 CDT 2008

Fantastic, Edward!

This is Progress!

Mark

From: terrapreta-bounces at bioenergylists.org [mailto:terrapreta-bounces at bioenergylists.org] On Behalf Of Edward Someus
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:58 AM
To: terrapreta at bioenergylists.org; Tom Miles; Sean K. Barry
Subject: [Terrapreta] Spring Planting - Biochar

Tom,

Response to your question ---- Who’s planning to “plant” biochar this year?

Status of the plantation biochar in Europe 2008:

We have continuos and extensive biochar production and test programmes in several EU countries and Israel all the time, all in order to work with different types of char and agro biotechnology and different climatic and soil conditions, and most importantly working with different farming culture and experience people, so diversity adaptation by all means is an important issue for us.

My united EU biochar science and technology programme FP6 (2005-2008) with ongoing works is consisting of 12 high qualified EU research institutes and large agro industrial partners from 8 countries, while the new FP7 (2008-2012) biochar programme is already 19 partners from 13 EU countries + Israel, covering works for agro/food biomass waste and biochar added value utilization and valorization in all the EU27, with 4 years budget 8.5 million €.

Practically the first five largest EU research institutes (with core cooperation in DE, NL, FR, IT, BE countries), many major EU research institutes / universities and large agro/food industrial organizations are united in the subject under my coordination, with combined financial investment programme of the European Commission and industrial/commercial investors.

The biochar consortiums I coordinate are technology and product development programmes, based on integrate advanced applied science and applied industrial engineering, and always including the industrial scale up / engineering of the scientific results, so our output is/will be IPR protected technology and product, therefore publications are and will be limited. This is the way how we turn science to industrial practice in the field of agro/food industrial biomass waste carbonization and combined soil agro biotechnology.

Sincerely yours: Edward Someus (environmental engineer)

HOMEPAGE:  http://www.terrenum.net <http://www.terrenum.net/>

EMAIL 1:         <mailto:edward at terrenum.net> edward at terrenum.net

EMAIL 2:         <mailto:edward.someus at gmail.com> edward.someus at gmail.com
3R Environmental Technologies Ltd.
ADDRESS: H-1222 Budapest, Szechenyi 59, Hungary
TEL handy:  +(36-20) 201 7557
TEL / FAX:   +(36-1) 424 0224
TEL SKYPE phone via computer:  Edward Someus
3R TERRACARBON:   http://www.terrenum.net <http://www.terrenum.net/>

3R CLEANCOAL ENERGY:   http://www.vertustechnologies.com <http://www.vertustechnologies.com/>   h <http://www.nvirocleantech.com/> ttp://www.nvirocleantech.com