[Terrapreta] tp focusing + open space technology (1-off digress)

francoise precy f.precy at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 22:52:13 CDT 2008

Hello Kevin, and others,

Following your recent call to focus, it helps defuse
annoyment on that point to think of that list as a web-based "Open
Space Technology" place. Homepage here:
http://www.openspaceworld.com/index.htm, quickest way to approach it
is to read people saying their experiences and outcomes from it,
here: http://www.openspaceworld.com/Tales.pdf, and  the "brief
users' guide" (v. good) here:
http://www.openspaceworld.com/Tales.pdf.
In
that setting what
makes people disengage/quit most is personal argumentation, as it is
perceived as what wastes most time. No climbing on any warhorse, I
don't pretend to be exempt of it myself. For example I find
hilariously absurd the simpsonesque vision of everyone burying 5 or
so kgs of coal a day, as if there could possibly be one unique
solution to the disaster. Everyone knows diversity is needed on that
one specifically, and everyone (at least of those who argue that
point) forgets about it - isn't that despairingly comic. On another
hand, I respectfully (if laughingly, you'll have to be indulgent
there I'm afraid) most sincerely take my complimentary hat off at the
admirably red hot enthusiasm that promotes such a wonderful vision.
Now, there lies a powerful mystery in the usefulness of nonsense and the
contagiousness of laugh; nothing like it combined to spread the
general idea. Which is well among the priorities here, if not the
topmost such. So let's hope and pray be all remember that shared
laugh is worth its gold in expertise where promotion is concerned -
and who knows if that's not because it's a sign of expertise on life
at large. That may be just the reason why there's no overall decrease
in subscriptions, and why many keep reading in diagonal because
every so often each in turn comes up with a gem, or at least plenty
of useful titbits. Very much like fishing. Thanks all for your
indulgence,
and your squabblings - especially when you get over it. I do find this
list interesting and well worth following. There's a tremendous
amount of infos and it keeps coming. Thanks to all those who share their experience/s
towards
a range of solutions from the most sophisticated to the most humble,
aware of that what will decide the big fishes to decide for tp (as
opposite to nuclear which is after all also carbon-clean if we just
look at that), will be among other necessary catalysts the reaching of an
undetermined critical mass of little fishes attracted here and in
similar places by the solutions that they may find for themselves.
With my humble apologies for the meandering diggression, only brought
about by the entirety of the last bulletin, which happened to be the
first I've read for a while (been in no-internet land). I won't do it
again. And
for god's sake let no-one stop imagining everyone burying one's daily
quota in the backgarden, we need that pic to go about. And add composting toilets (+
solar panel and wind turbine as a digression) in tha picture, else it
won't work.  (Isn't that's what tp is about, as a common point for
all?).