[Terrapreta] Earthen Kilns Conjecture

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Mon Apr 21 01:58:05 CDT 2008

Hi Kurt,

Why don't you like the idea of starting with Savannah?  I thought it was better since it would remove less standing biomass carbon and then it would grow back sooner, too, if it was Savanna, vs old growth forest land.  Maybe  I'm wrong?  What do you think is the best terraform to start converting to charcoal first?  This question applies to now, not when or how the Amazon people did it 4500 years ago.