[Terrapreta] Forestland management

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 21 12:41:01 CDT 2008

Max,

Neither one can handle Colorado tempatures, at it's common to hit -15* F in winter ( even cooler ).

I have been, giving serious consideration to Siberian Peashrub ( http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Caragana_arborescens.html ) and standard alfalfa combination ( when alfalfa is not cut several times a year it can last 7-10 yrs. ), and tests show that alfalfa can be comparable to coal for heating value ( http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1996/V3-260.html ).

Greg H.