[Terrapreta] What fixed "acid rain" is what is working in theKyoto Protocol

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Apr 22 18:58:01 CDT 2008

Dear David

David Yarrow wrote:
> what scientific journals are you reading?  have you read the
> paleogeology reports that ice & sediment cores indicate climate change
> has swept the earth in 25 to 50 years more than once before?

Whether there is global warming or global cooling is one issue; the rate
at which either can occur is another.

Additionally, if we are in a period of Global Warming, the question is
whether or not actions taken by Man can change the potential outcome
significantly.

History shows that we have cycles of GW, then GC, then GW, then GC,
etc... Perhaps a better question would be : "How long before our present
Warm period turns into a cold period?

> do you watch the weather patterns?  have you been to new orleans?

New Orleans is not a very good example to use... if the dikes hadn't
failed because of attention to known shortcomings, damage could have
been relatively small.
> do you understand the implications that the jet stream is moving north
> 1.5 miles a year?

I hadn't realized this, and hadn't heard of this before. The jet stream
is very important. Here is a URL showing the present path and direction
of teh Jet Stream: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/jet_stream/index_e.html

Would you know of a URL where I could read more about its trend to move
northward??

Thanks, and Best wishes,

Kevin