[Terrapreta] a paper quantatifying the GHG load of various carbonpathways back to atmosphere

David Yarrow dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
Wed Apr 23 13:03:33 CDT 2008

a slight twiddle with the stated facts:

converting CO2 to carbonate bioskeletons in the sea is a rather long term
carbon storage system.  most limestone bedrock -- fossil carbonate shells --
is a few hundred million years old -- effectively a one-way ticket out of
the global carbon cycle.  from our human perspective -- such a time scale to
sequester carbon is as good as "forever."

which makes the currently accelerating die-off and bleaching of coral reefs
even more alarming.

~dy