[Terrapreta] Strong warning against "simple" charcoal kilns

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 27 10:13:41 CDT 2008

So your saying that if we can't afford to buy " highly efficient pyrolysis units " we shouldn't bother?

That's like saying that we shouldn't make our own electricity, because a home instillation is less efficient than what the professionals use to make it.

Frankly that kind of thinking is what lead to mega oil companies that hold energy monopolies on most people

-    Simple charcoal kilns are tools that get people started - it's not like they were ever meant to make large quantities of charcoal at a time, they are for learning what pyrolysis is about and supplying small amounts of char ( some people don't need 3 tons of char a day ).
-    High efficiency units are in the realm of advanced science, need knowledge beyond that of the average person, and large sums of money to build.

If a journalist wants to connect pyrolysis with char and low efficiency, he/she is going to do it anyway, and nothing in the world going to stop them, as they are masters of finding fault with anything they want - even if you have proof otherwise.

Greg H.